A different way to match

Hey, im wondering if theres a way to enter to different dynamic… like a website that matches profiles according to preferences ?

Good idea. However, the matching profiles according to preferences is used by some of the secular sites - they don’t work.

Yes, it could be .
it depends on the people approach and intentions. This site will be lidered by Gedalia Fenster from Miami, he gives a lot of lectures and have a good impact in jewish youth.
so he want to help people to get married, and the website will be for serious intentions…

it could work. Gedalia will give some classes in this theme… BH
its called findtheone.org
maybe BH could help

eHarmony has great success matching based on preferences and in-depth personality testing. with advances in big data analysis and ai, i assume tech-based matching will continue to become more and more useful. for instance, recent research has found that a computer program can predict a person’s personality based on their facebook profile pictures or what they “like” on fb more accurately than their co-worker’s, friends’, family members’, and roommates’ assessments. (Google Michal Kosinski for more).

This approach is far from effective. Less than 5% find suitable marriage partners on dating sites. Dating site are ineffective for marriage. They may be a little more effective for finding dates but thats it and that is not a Jewish way of dating. We date for marriage, we don’t date for dating.

Matching by personality traits? or preferences?
Don’t opposites attract?

I know many couples who have very different personalities, traits, habits likes.
they complement each other.
1 is the spender / the neat freak / over responsible / over achiever and the spouse benefits and contributes by their own attributes e.g the saver / spontaneity / handy / culinary skills / designer / creative.

2 spender or 2 misers would be a miserable marriage.

I know a couple she is the saver, he loves to buy, so shabos she get flowers , she would never throw away money on something that would die in less then a week, but she loves the flowers…

eHarmony was claiming credit for about 2% of marriages in the US back in 2009. that’s a whole heap of marriages. not saying there can’t be better ways, but let’s not discount that they’ve figured out part of the equation.

I am bringing into perspective the effectiveness of dating sites compared to the amount many think to rely on them.

5% of Americans who are in a marriage or committed relationship say they met their significant other online. Despite the wealth of digital tools that allow people to search for potential partners, and even as one-in-ten Americans are now using one of the many online dating platforms, the vast majority of relationships still begin offline. Even among Americans who have been with their spouse or partner for five years or less, fully 88% say that they met their partner offline–without the help of a dating site.

Pew Research Center

1 Like

I used to be on eHarmony (or something very close to it). I had religion as being very important - yet the computer kept matching me with non-Jewish women.

1 Like